Discover the world of ski touring, in and around Chamonix.
A five day course. Fee per participant: 580 Euros. Minimum three participants, maximum six
This course is intended for the keen off piste skier, who wishes to adventure further afield from where the ski lifts give access.
A skills day, covering: tips on off piste skiing techniques, training in avalanche awareness, glacier skiing and crevasse rescue.
Day tours, either starting from the top of a ski lift or a valley car park. The objective is to ascend on skis to a col or a summit, with the aim to find the best snow to ski. When possible, the night of day 4 will be spent in a mountain hut. In early season most of the huts are not open. Normally the huts open for touring from around mid March
Level: You should be already a keen and experienced off piste skier, with a good parallel technique on black pistes, able to link up at least ten turns in powder snow,ski with a day pack and have a very good physical condition!
Course fee per participant: 580 Euros. Maximum guide/client ratio: 1/6. This course will run with a minimum of 3 participants.
Included in the course fee:
- Guiding and instruction from the IFMGA certified mountain guide.
- Loan of safety equipment: avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, harness.
Not included in the course fee:
- Clients personal ski equipment
- Accommodation – I am happy to suggest accommodation
- Transport – We generally try to car share
- Meals and drinks.
- The guide’s accommodation and meals when not based in the Chamonix valley.