Six days. Guiding Fee: €2280. This fee can be shared between 1- 3 persons.
This course is for fell walkers (back country walkers) who wish to discover the Alps while gaining knowledge and skills in glacier travel and ascending easy summits.
This is the suggested basic programme, which may change depending on participants aims, ambitions, technical ability, weather and mountain conditions.
Day 1: Rock climbing in or around the Chamonix valley.
Day 2: Ice skills on the Mer de glace glacier. Covering: cramponing, ice climbing, moving roped up and crevasse rescue.
Day 3: Traverse the Valleé Blanche followed by a night in a mountain hut.
Day 4: Traversing an exposed mountain ridge.
Day 5: Walk into a mountain hut, if possible some rock climbing during the approach walk.
Day 6: Ascent of an alpine summit.The undulating crests of the Domes Du Miage are a beautiful two day trip:
Dates: A six day course, available between June and September.
Level: You should be an experienced and fit hill walker.
A six day course. Guiding Fee: Euros 2280. Guide/client max 1/3. This fee can be shared between 1- 3 persons. Included in the trek fee:
- Guiding and instruction from the IFMGA certified mountain guide.
- Clients’ personal equipment
- Accommodation – I can suggest accommodation and will book any refuges.
- Transport – We may well use my car but fuel and tolls are charged
- Meals and drinks.
- The guide’s accommodation and meals when not based in the Chamonix valley.