The Chamonix valley is a wonderful playground for the off-piste skier.
Cable-cars, such as the Grands Montets, give access to north facing slopes above 3000 metres. In mid-winter, with low temperatures the snow can remain excellent for days and even weeks at a time.
The Aiguille du Midi cable-car rises up from the centre of Chamonix to the top of the Valleé Blanche at 3842 metres.
The Vallée Blanche is a wonderful glacier-covered valley, with several outstanding ski descents, and of course everything is off-piste! With a full moon, a night descent of the Valleé Blanche is an unforgettable experience
Level: Off-piste is open to anyone who has mastered the art of basic parallel skiing. Now, with the appearance of modern wider and shorter skis which are easy to turn, you can improve your technique and gain confidence very quickly. Once you move off the pistes the new and different types of terrain and snow conditions present their own unique challenges and opportunities.
Maximum guide/client ratio: Max 1/6.
- Guiding and instruction from the IFMGA certified mountain guide.
- Loan of safety equipment: avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, harness.
- Clients personal ski equipment
- Accommodation – I am happy to suggest accommodation
- Transport – We generally try to car share
- Meals and drinks.
- The guide’s accommodation and meals when not based in the Chamonix valley.
Contact me to talk about dates, ideas, or any questions.
More Off Piste Skiing
Off-piste magic amid the glaciers. Let's go
The finest backcountry descents. Let's go
More Winter Activities
Courses & trips in the Alps. Let's go
Explore the mountains. Let's go
Ice and snow. Let's go