A 5 day course either at Chamonix and Cogne or La Grave.
Guiding fee: 1750 Euros. This fee is for one person alone or can be shared between two. Maximum guide/client ratio: 1/2
Day 1: Instruction in basic ice climbing skills: placing ice screws, setting up belays, safe abseiling techniques and basic avalanche awareness. The single pitch tuition is dealing with placing ice tools and positioning of feet.
Days 2-5: multi-pitch ice climbs.
Dates: Mid December to late February
Level: It is best if participants have some rock climbing experience: outdoors or climbing wall, basic rope handling and climbing knots.
A 5 day course. Guiding fee: 1750 Euros. This fee is for one person alone or can be shared between two. Maximum guide/client ratio: 1/2
Included in the course fee:
- Guiding and instruction from the IFMGA certified mountain guide.
- Loan of ice tools, crampons and safety equipment if needed by participants.
Not included in the course fee:
- Clients personal equipment – I can advise on hire if needed
- Accommodation – I can advise on accommodation
- Transport – I can advise on transport and we will car share where practical
- Meals and drinks.
- The guide’s accommodation and meals when not based in the Chamonix valley.
Contact me for more details