Ski the classic Chamonix off-piste routes
A five day course. Fee per participant: 630 Euros. Minimum three participants, maximum six
Chamonix is often given the title of the best off piste skiing & backcountry venue in the world.
There certainly is some amazing skiing to be done there. In this 5 day course, the aim is to do as much skiing as possible, and in all my favourite places.
Off piste descents go straight off the valley cable cars: Grands Montets, Domaine de Balme (Le Tour – Vallorcine), Brévent – Flégère.
Envers Du Plan is an incredible ski descent, one of the off-piste variants of the Vallée Blanche, on glaciers departing from the summit of l’Aiguille du Midi. There is also the possibility during the week to ski at Courmayeur and Verbier.
Basic avalanche awareness will be covered and if wished and all conditions are favourable, an introductory ski touring day is an option.
Level: You should be already a keen and experienced off piste skier, with a good parallel technique on black pistes, able to link up at least ten turns in powder snow, ski with a day pack and have a very good physical condition!
Course fee per participant: 630 Euros. Maximum guide/client ratio: 1/6. This course will run with a minimum of 3 participants.
Included in the course fee:
- Guiding and instruction from the IFMGA certified mountain guide.
- Loan of safety equipment: avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, harness.
Not included in the course fee:
- Clients’ personal ski equipment
- Accommodation – I am happy to suggest accommodation
- Transport – We generally try to car share
- Meals and drinks.
- The guide’s accommodation and meals when not based in the Chamonix valley.